Mactan Island, Cebu, Philippines (Sitio Matumbo, Barangay Pusok, Lapu-Lapu City)
The Lancaster Hotel offers Junior Suites and 2 bedroom Deluxe suites, both with air-conditioned rooms with free wireless internet access. Each of these rooms offers cable / satellite channels, TV, kitchenette, and private bathroom. They also include a balcony.
General facilities include:
Restaurant, Bar, 24-hour front desk, Terrace, Lift/elevator, Safety deposit box, Billiards, Darts, Outdoor pool (at a cost), free airport shuttle from the airport.
Situated on Mactan Island, Lancaster Hotel Cebu is a 10-minute drive from Mactan-Cebu International Airport. It features an outdoor pool, a coffee shop and rooms with free Wi-Fi. Rooms at the Cebu Lancaster Hotel come with a balcony, kitchen and dining facilities. A cable TV and minibar are provided. Guests can relax with a massage or enjoy a game of billiards. The hotel provides laundry, dry cleaning and car hire services. Free private parking is available. Other dining options at the Lancaster Hotel Cebu include a poolside bar and room service.
Two main negatives that I found:
- The charge to use the swimming pool, at 200 pesos per person, per use.
- The Wi-Fi signal was not very good in the rooms, unless near reception.
- The balcony may be small, ours was, but some seem larger than others.
- The room we had, one of the cheapest, was comfortable enough for 4 weeks. They can do special deals for 1 Month stays 🙂
- The building that houses the rooms/apartments is a combination of residential units and hotel rooms, run by Lancaster Hotel and SDR Serviced Apartments in the Kiener Hills Condominium, Lapu Lapu City, Mactan Island.
50 pesos will get you to the nearest shopping mall in a taxi, or 8 pesos per person in a tricycle.
To get to the centre of Cebu City can be done by taxi at an approximate cost of 200 pesos (as at March 2013) depending on traffic. The meter charge for us was 180 pesos.
You can also use a combination of Tricycle, Ferry then Taxi, but the price may end up being similar. We paid 170 pesos for two people. We never used the Multi-Cab options, but they do seem regular and much cheaper.
The Internet in this area:
I did sign up for a direct Wi-Fi with Globe, which can be used anywhere in the Philippines. Charges are 999 pesos for 1 month, with options down to 50 pesos for 24 hours, both with unlimited usage. Better speed than most hotels I have used.
This is my speedtest result with the Globe WiFi set up on my smartphone, and tested on my laptop using the internet sharing facility on the smartphone with a total of 2 users at the time:
More details, reviews and prices at: