Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC for Residents Leaving for Good

Emigration Clearance Certificate for Residents Leaving for Good

Departing holders of immigrant, and non-immigrant, visas who are leaving for good, need to apply for an Emigration Clearance Certificate, also known as the Exit Clearance Certificate.

These Adverts help to pay for this site.

The price shown for this ECC version is Php 1,210, including the Express Lane Fee, which is supposed to have been removed from Visa fees.

However, the screenshot below, taken on 12th March 2018, shows the price last updated at 6 March 2014. The base cost may be the same but the final cost may be Php 710, being the cost shown less the Express Lane Fee.

I am aware of one person who paid Php710 for an ECC in November 2017, although he did not say which ECC version he got.  I think it may have been this particular one.

The related Bureau of Immigration (BI) page states this ECC must be obtained at a BI office, and the procedure is:

  • Secure and fill out application form.
  • Submit duly accomplished form and attach the other supporting documents.
  • Wait for the issuance of Order of Payment Slip (OPS).
  • Pay the corresponding fees.
  • Submit the accomplished application form with the required attachments and attach original Official Receipts.
  • Present claim stub on the appointed date and time of return for releasing of Original Certification and  Receipts.
  • Acknowledge receipt by signing the duplicate copy of the Certification before releasing the original Certification and Official Receipt.

Source: www.immigration.gov.ph (at the bottom of the page)

More ECC Information at: Requirements for an ECC – Exit Clearance Certificate

2 : 375 : 2,197,512

AgodaAgoda These Adverts help to pay for this site.
© 2020 ABCDiamond
Hosted at DreamHost

2 thoughts on “Emigration Clearance Certificate ECC for Residents Leaving for Good”

  1. If you feel like sending $5 to buy me a cup of coffee, please click the donate button.

  2. You are slightly incorrect. There is more than one type of ECC.

    The ECC-A (The one you are getting) is for Tourists over 6 months, not for those returning to live again in the Philippines.

    The ECC-B is for residents, normally who are leaving temporarily, but will return again to live in the Philippines.

    The one on this post is different again, being for residents leaving and not intending to return to live in the Philippines. This is closer to the standard ECC-A, but at a different price.

  3. ECC is for people who stayed more than 6 months, it does not mean for good! Many people like myself got one cz I stayed 17 months and I’m going back soon, please get your facts straight!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.