Requirements for an ECC
The Philippines Bureau of Immigration (BI) has stated that the following are needed to get an ECC – Exit Clearance Certificate (also called Emigration Clearance Certificate)
- Completed application forms. (They supply numerous forms for you to fill in !!)
- 6 pcs. colored photo (size 2×2 ) white background. (NOTE: SIX were needed, not the FIVE that web sites say.
- Photocopy of passport (3 Pages: biopage, latest arrival stamp and last visa extension stamp).
- Photo of both sides of Alien Certificate of Registration ACR card. (Must be Current NOT Expired)
- Photocopy AND Original of the Receipt for payment of last visa extension fees.
- A personal appearance is required for fingerprinting, both electronic scanning and manual ink, and photograph.
There are various forms available for download at: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php/downloads/application-forms but… not for the Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) as it is now called.
More Information on the Exit Clearance Certificate
Who needs an ECC Emigration Clearance Certificate or Exit Clearance Certificate
An Emigration Clearance Certificate [ECC] is needed when Foreign Passport Holders are leaving the Philippines after a stay of 6 months or more.
Any child, born in the Philippines, but travelling on a Foreign passport, NEEDS an ECC to leave the Philippines. A notice to this effect is on display at a Bureau of Immigration office.
Cost of an ECC Emigration Clearance Certificate or Exit Clearance Certificate
The cost for an ECC-A in 2014 was 500 pesos. There has been some recent talk about it being free, by some people, but two recent comments shown below, show that there is still a charge being made.
- ken hogan on January 17, 2018 at 12:52 pm
i just got my ECC today 17/1/ 2018 at J Mall Mandaue 500 php total
- Edward on November 2, 2017 at 5:15 pm
I just got my ECC and the total cost was 710 pesos at the J centre mall on the second floor in mandaue
The cost for an ECC-B in 2015 was mentioned by one person at 2,850 pesos.
ECC-A for Visitor Visa Holders
The ECC-A may be secured at the BI Main Office or in select District Offices, Satellite Offices, Field Offices, One-Stop-Shops.
ECC-A is issued to departing holders of Tourist Visas who have stayed for 6 months or more.
ECC-B for other Than Visitor Visa Holders
The ECC-B may be secured at the BI Main Office or in the airport upon departure.
ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.