Expressnet was founded on February 14, 1986, when the ATMs of Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) and its subsidiary, BPI Family Savings Bank, the founders of Expressnet, were connected for the first time.
However it wasn’t until late in 1991, that a non linked bank, Landbank, joined the consortium, with HSBC following in 1992 and Banco de Oro (BDO) in 1995.
Effectively, Expressnet was the third ATM consortium to be created in the Philippines.
Current Member Banks (2013) using Expressnet as their Primary Network are:
- Banco de Oro. Also a member of Megalink and BancNet.
- Bank of the Philippine Islands. BancNet also show Bank of the Philippines Islands as a Primary Network
- BPI Family Savings Bank. BancNet also show BPI Family Savings Bank as a Primary Network
- BPI Direct Savings Bank. BancNet also show BPI Direct Savings Bank as a Primary Network
- Land Bank of the Philippines. BancNet also show Landbank as a Primary Network