Extension of Authorized Stay of Temporary Visitors

These Adverts help to pay for this site. ai1

Extension of Authorized Stay of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines

Tourist Visa holder can stay in the Philippines for either 24 or 36 months without leaving the country according to Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM 2013-003 issued on 23 December 2013.

These Adverts help to pay for this site ai8.

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:
a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and
b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.
The said periods shall be counted from the date of applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

A Long Stay Visitor Visa Extension is now available where the total duration of extension shall be not more than six (6) months from the time of expiration of authorized stay.

Offices of the Philippines Bureau of Immigration that are authorised to do Extension of Authorized Stay of Temporary Visitors

Sourced from www.immigration.gov.ph at May 2015.

  • Intramuros, Manila Main Office
  • Makati, Manila Immigration Extension Office
  • Angeles Immigration Field Office
  • Aparri Immigration Field Office
  • Bacolod Immigration Field Office
  • Baguio Immigration District Office
  • Balanga Immigration Field Office
  • Batangas Immigration Field Office
  • Bislig Immigration Field Office
  • Boac Immigration Field Office
  • Bongao Immigration Field Office
  • Boracay Immigration Field Office
  • Butuan Immigration District Office
  • Calapan Immigration District Office
  • Calbayog Immigration Field Office
  • Cagayan de Oro Immigration District Office
  • Cauayan Immigration Field Office
  • Cebu Immigration District Office
  • Cebu Gaisano  Immigration Satellite Office
  • Cotabato Immigration District Office
  • Dagupan Immigration Field Office
  • Davao Immigration District Office
  • Dumaguete Immigration District Office
  • General Santos Immigration Field Office
  • Glan Immigration Field Office
  • Iligan Immigration Field Office
  • Iloilo Immigration District Office
  • Jolo Immigration Field Office
  • Kalibo Immigration Field Office
  • Laoag Field Immigration Office
  • Legaspi Immigration District Office
  • Lucena Immigration Field Office
  • Naga Immigration Field Office
  • Olongapo Immigration Field Office
  • Ozamis Immigration Field Office
  • Puerto Princesa Immigration Field Office
  • San Fernando Immigration District Office
  • SM North Immigration Satellite Office
  • Sta. Rosa Immigration Field Office
  • Surigao Immigration Field Office
  • Tacloban Immigration District Office
  • Tagbilaran Immigration Field Office
  • Taytay Immigration Field Office
  • Tuguegarao Immigration District Office
  • Zamboanga Immigration Field Office

Updated as of 22 May 2014

Information from Bureau of Immigration FAQ’s

I am a foreign national under a Temporary Visitor’s Visa, I can stay legally in the Philippines for thirty (30) days however I want to extend my stay, how do I go about this?

Foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty nine (29) in the Philippines. Thereafter, you may apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of your valid stay.

How long can I extend my in the Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.
Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.


1 : 496 : 3,452,456

AgodaAgoda These Adverts help to pay for this site. ai2
© 2020 ABCDiamond
Hosted at DreamHost
0 0 votes
Article Rating
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

I have overstayed my visa by 6 months.
I am currently in Clark, Angeles, Pampanga.

I need to depart Philippines on 1st May, is it possible I can rectify this at the Immigration office in Marquee mall, Angeles City?
A travel agent told me I have to do it in Manila, & it will take 4-6 weeks?

Could you please advise me on what my options are, in order to depart on 1st May.

Thank you for your assistance.

Would love your thoughts, please comment.x