How much are the Penalties for Overstaying as a Tourist in the Philippines?

How much is the Overstaying Fee for Tourists in the Philippines?

Most Tourists to the Philippines are allowed to stay for 30 days before needing to apply for a Visa. The first Tourist Visa extension is the initial extension of twenty-nine (29) days, taking the visit up to 59 days.

These Adverts help to pay for this site.

This is commonly followed by a two month extension, although some Bureau of Immigration offices allow a 6 month extension.

If a person stay in the Philippines without a Valid Visitor Visa, then penalties are applied, and added to the unpaid Visa fees.

These combined penalties and fees can add up over time and can be something like the following figures:

I have calculated the following approximate costs for overstay payments including Visa Fees, ACR cards and Penalties.

4,310 From One day to One Month Overstay (Updated Sept 2017)
6,000 Total for between One and Two Months Overstay (Updated July 2018)
13,000 Total for Up to Three Month Overstay
15,000 Total for Up to Four Month Overstay
17,000 Total for Up to Five Month Overstay
18,000 Total for Up to Six Months Overstay
20,000 Total for Up to Seven Month Overstay
22,000 Total for Up to Eight Month Overstay
24,000 Total for Up to Nine Month Overstay
26,000 Total for Up to Ten Month Overstay
28,000 Total for Up to Eleven Month Overstay
30,000 Total for Up to Twelve Months Overstay
60,000 Total for Up to Two Years Overstay
90,000 Total for Up to Three Years Overstay
120,000 Total for Up to Four Years Overstay
150,000 Total for Up to Five Years Overstay
180,000 Total for Up to Six Years Overstay
210,000 Total for Up to Seven Years Overstay
240,000 Total for Up to Eight Years Overstay
270,000 Total for Up to Nine Years Overstay
300,000 Total for Up to Ten Years Overstay
450,000 Total for Up to Fifteen Years Overstay

Note: These are approximate costs Immigration will determine the exact cost when you visit their office.

A reasonable ‘estimate’ can be made by calculating 3,000 pesos for every month of Overstay. Or about 30,000 for each year.

These figures are approximate calculations based on 2016 fees. They may reduce the cost if they base it on the actual fees dues for older years, which may be less than the 2016 fees.

Charges can also be higher in some cases, such as one example in the comments below:


79,500 For a 19 months overstay.

Financial Penalties for Visa Overstay in the Philippines:

The minimum penalties appear to be:

  • All Visa Extension Fees not previously paid.
  • Fine for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00 per month
  • Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying – (additional) Php 500.00

I have read that the Overstay fee for just a few days would be about 4,000 pesos.

This would be the 3,030 peso first Visa Extension fee + Overstay Fees.  (2015 fees)

If the Overstay is for over one month, but less than two months, then I would guess that the fee would be closer to 12,000 peso, made up as follows:

3,030 pesos – First Visa Extension fee
7,340 pesos – Next Visa Extension fee plus the ACR-i card fee
1,000 pesos – Fine for Overstaying (2 months)
500 pesos – Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying

If the Overstay is for just over one year, then I would guess that the fee would be closer to 35,000 peso, PLUS possible DEPORTATION.  The fee would be made up as follows (assume figures for 13 months):

3,030 pesos – First Visa Extension fee
22,490 pesos – Six x 2 month Visa Extension fees plus the ACR-i card fee
6,000 pesos – Fine for Overstaying (12 months)
500 pesos – Motion for Reconsideration for Overstaying
plus maybe one ACR-i card renewal fee

That is my guess, based on the actual costs for Normal Visas last year.  If anyone has paid an Overstay Fee, please give details in the comments box below, showing the date and the fee paid and the total days overstayed.  Thank you.

The Official Statement for Visa Extensions is:

Foreigners admitted under Section 9 (a) of the Philippine Immigration Act (PIA) of 1940, as amended, or Executive Order No. 408, as amended, may extend their authorized stay every two (2) months for a total stay of not more than:
– a) Twenty-four (24) months for visa-required nationals; and
– b) Thirty-six (36) months for non-visa required nationals.

The said periods shall be counted from the date of applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

Overstaying Foreigners in the Philippines

Foreigners who have overstayed for twelve (12) months or less but have been in the country beyond the maximum allowable period already may be permitted to update their stay with order to leave the country within fifteen (15) calendar days therefrom and their names may be included in the Bureau’s blacklist upon the discretion of the Commissioner; Provided that, the Commissioner, in the exercise of sound judgment, may allow such foreigners to update and extend their stay taking into consideration their Filipino lineage, medical condition, minority and other analogous circumstances.

Foreigners who have overstayed for more than twelve (12) months regardless if their stay is within the maximum allowable period or those found to be overstaying by virtue to a complaint or Mission Order regardless of the period shall be referred for deportation.

Sourced from:…/234-honorable-secretary

More stories on the Exit Clearance Certificate at:

117 : 34,023 : 2,109,514
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Notify of

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Good day. I have a US Citizen friend who overstayed here in the Philippines for 12 yrs. His asking if what will be the penalties or how much will it cost? Will he be deported and be black listed? Or the immigration will detain him? Or how about he will apply for dual citizenship? Pls need help thanks

Hello thank you for your post. Really helpful.
We just went to the BI today. My husband usually enters the country with a balikbayan visa, which is valid of a year. However our last entry in the country. We were confident that he was granted a balikbayan visa. He entered march 2019.
Just around feb this year, it was a surprise that he was on tourist visa.
We went to the BI office today. And wanted to extend his visa as I will apply him a 13A visa. However, they told us that we need to wait 20 days for the commissioner’s decision whether to let him say or deport him.
Is it possible that he gets deported? We are worried. We submitted our marriage contract though, PSA marriage contract.
Please help. Cant wait 20 days for the decision 🙁

Hello Greetings to you Admin.
Please i am really having issues trying to understand how to go about my problems here in the Philippines.
Actually, i arrived here in the Philippines on the 27th August 2019, and i was trying to extend my visa stay, in the process of waiting to receive the money,this pandemic problems came up… and i really i want to go back to my country Nigeria, but i don’t really know what and how to go about it because i am stranded already here, as i have no money for my up-keep, food or to pay for my bills anymore. this is getting worse everyday! and i am worried about staying here without an updated documents. I am really not happy about this. i have been seeking for ways not until i discovered this kind of site does exist. since August 27, 2019 i have been here and my visa expired around October ending 2019, Please what does my penalties looks like? and is it possible i get ETC (Emergency Travel Certificate) and what are my suppose to do please? i don’t even have any piso on me to travel to Manila even if everywhere is finally open for businesses. Please i need an advise and what it can cost me to travel back… thank you. I look forward to get your response soon. GOD BLESS YOU. Thank you!

Hello! My boyfriend came just before the quarantine started in manila and because of this, we weren’t able to visit the immigration for his extension. So that would be almost 4 months. Will he still be allowed an extension after we’ve paid for all the fees and penalties?

Good evening, I married a foreign nation on a tourist visa. We got married last year and haven’t been able to visit the BI because she was pregnant and now the COVID19. She already overstayed here for 1year. And we are planning to go back to there country. Just want to ask what do we need to do.

How much would the cost of penalty by the way?

30,000 for 1yr?even if we are married we need to pay for that overstayed? And for the ECC? Is there a way to lessen the penalties? Thank you

Hello Admin
Good day:i
I have some concern and i hope you could give some kind of ideas and opinion, i know somebody being illegal here in the philippines for almost four years because his monthly paycheck from his government was cut off since 2016, and he have a daughter 3 year old buy his not marraid here.
now his been reinstated and have some fund to pay fines, he wants to pay fines and not putting in jail.
My concern here is, will he get deported or blacklisted since he have some reason why he coudn’t go back to his country because of finacial problem?
Please i would appreaciate if you could give me some answer regarding this.

Hello there!
I’m 17 Years old (male) and I’ve been overstaying in the Philippines now for the sixth year, my Dad is German and my Mom is Filipina and I have at the moment only a German Passport and my Visa expired 6 years ago, my Parents haven’t applied yet for my Dual Citizenship any idea what are the requirements for Dual Citizenship?



I entered the Philippines in 2007 and lost my passport in 2008. Being a complete idiot, i did nothing about my situation.

Having finally grown up enough to deal with this, I managed to save up funds to deal with the predicament and thought i was in a position to go to the BI and get things sorted. I planned to speak with my embassy first. However, upon hearing this revelation, my partner then told me that we didnt have the money id saved and that she had spent it (id stupidly let her hold our savings).

Now, i am flat broke, still without a passport/travel docs and essentially back to where i was before.

Please advise what the situation is for someone who has no passport and no money to pay all the fees and fines, but desperately wants to leave…are there any options? In your opinion, what would be the first action i should take?

I have no family or friends that could cover the costs on my behalf and the chances of me raising $10k plus is…well…petty unlikely.

From what i have read here…if i went and ‘fessed’ up to the BI…id be sent to Bicutan jail until i could pay everything that was owed, is that the likely outcome?

As i said, i know this is all my own fault…but love makes you do stupid things…

Any advice will be appreciated.

(Sorry, sent thru twice as i put the wrong email address in)

Hi, I have a live in partner whohas been overstaying for almost 16months. He lost his passport and everything here in the Philippines.He finally decided to go back to his country. Do you have any idea about the processes? Will he be jailed for this? Also, do you think he needs to go to NBI to get a clearance (this is what I have read on the internet)? Is there any ways to lower down the fine? If he goes to the BoI office,will he be jailed? Thanks.

Hi – I am a UK citizen, unwell, currently staying in Laguna and unable to to return up to Quezon City to renew my current Tourist Visa which expires 21st Feb – tomorrow – and to collect my ACR-I card and make my first Annual Report which has deadline of 29th Feb.

I have been e-mailing the immigration dept for the past 2 weeks (they have removed any working phone number!) to ask what I do in these circumstances. My passport is locked in my QC apartment and I have no way of getting the keys from here to there in order for someone to collect my passport.

I have a Medical Certificate and Special Power of Attorney (SPA) for my partner to apply on my behalf but of course only a copy of my passport. Immigration have stopped replying further – the last e-mail I received said they needed my original passport. Is this correct – they have my ACR-I card, copies of my passport.

At best I will not be well enough to be able to travel to QC until the end of March. What am I facing as a consequence please? Is it a fine for both overstaying the month and fine for missing first Annual Report – plus the usual fees of the visa extension and Annual Report. My main concern is I won’t face jail time or deportation. I have everything they need just the original passport is the issue.

Please can you advise – help greatly assisted as the stress is making me even sicker.

Salamat po.


Go to BI office a day of overstayed has the same amount of penalty for a month which is 1,010 plus same penalty for the annual fee. Don’t worry too much. You will not be sent to jail for a month late. There is a corresponding fine fee.

Hi, I am overstaying for three years. I want to pay all fines and fees now, and avoid being black listed. Please help how to proceed best. Does there still exist an amnesty program for overstaying, like there was one in 2016? Thank you.


Hi i over stay from 2008 to 2010 and i was also black listed,which was done thru the uk forgne office , i am wanting to pay what i am owing, but i do not no how to find this out , can you help me pls


Thank you for your reply , i will do what you surguest and let you no the result ……

Hi may anak ako half norwegian 8 months old na sya , kukuha ako ng ECC para sa kanya Kasi aalis kami this january . Ask lang ako If may penalties na po ba? And how much po? And magkano po ung ECC? Thank u

Hello.. question. Overstayed 8 says by the time I get to BI. What will be my consequences as long as I am courteous and apologetic for my stupidity. I have been coming in and out for 4 years and it truly slipped my mind. So On Monday will
Be 8 days.
I know the following will defintely occur
Fines and fees arounf 4200 peso

What about blacklisting and being deported or ordered to leave in 15 days. I k ow these are all options. I have never had any type of incident here at all.

Just want to make sure I am ptepared for whatever may comeon Monday. My stamp was till 22.. it will be 30 dec when I get there.

I have stayed in Philippines from November 2018 and had my visa extended up until September 2019.
I have not paid for extensions since then. I want to pay all fines and fees due but I also want to continue living here as my partner has stage4 cancer and want be here to help her.
What should be next move?

Ok. I think that’s what I will do. Most of my time has been as carer for my partner who is confined to bed now but I’m not sure if that’s a good enough reason so I will find a travel agent that has experience at handling this situation.
I really appreciate your help. Salamat.

Hi David
I was in the same position as you as I had overstayed my visa and i have a travel agent who can help if you have not found 1 yet. Send me a message if you still need help
Sincerely from A Canadian living in Manila


James can you send me your email ? need help as right now I’m
Due to overstay one by 1 day but it’s unclear what the penalty will be at the airport

I have overstayed for nearly 5 years with a 4 year old son. May I please know how much would the penalties be if I were to exit Philippines this year?


I have a son his father is a American citizen and he want to get us to come in America, will he be able to do that since his been deported?


Our son was born here in the Philippines? We never been in America yet, so what should we do?

Crba sis my baby boy is born here in the philippines and He is now a Us citizen.. Pm me I can help you on how we process his citizensip in Us embassy Manila.

Hi message me my son was born in the philippines and you can file it on the us embassy with or w/out his father as long as you have all the requirements needed for you and your husband.. This is my email.

Total my husband payed for 5years (60months) 145,000 thats everything plus his ticket need to be book before paying


Did he get blacklisted? Was he detained until his departure? Did he have time to prepare his departure?

I am overstaying for two years and a half, due to a lost passport and me being sick. I am Italian citizen. I want to stay here. What can I do? I can pay the fines. Do I have to go to the main office only, or any other office? Is it better to do voluntary deportation, or hope they let me stay? Do I risk jail? Blacklist? What is my best move. Thanks.


Thank you. I did not yet make my new passport, but my consulate says I need a police report for my lost passport.
I am afraid when I go to a police office declaring my lost passport, tbey will see that I have no valid visa and retain/jail me directly. But then I can not go and ask for a new passport, organise my departure. Or is police and immigration not linked, will they not see my visa status?

Dear Sir,

My next trip with 2 extensions will be 2 days over departure date, curious if they would be willing to stamp the visa 2 extra days during my second extension?

Also during departure at Manila airport in 2018 I was talking to a US tourist who overstayed for 5 days and immigration let him pass.

I’m married and we have a 7 month son. he has over stayed for 1 year and 4 months.. Please i need an addvice on how we can go about it because i don’t want him to leave because of my little baby.

Hello ma’am/sir ,
I have a son with American citizen who overstayed here in the Philippines, we would like to know where he could pay his fines so his name will be taken out from blacklist and able to come back in the Philippines .

Thank you.

Hello my husband is also been overstay for almost 5years. Just go to immigration and the requirements for it is he need to have a notorize of affidavit of reason why he overstay, of your married,bring your marriage certificate 2×2 picture when you go there he needs those thinga in order for them to process it. You dont have to pay right away because they will still review his papers and you will wait 20working days


I’m married to a foreigner and we have a 7 month son. But he has over stayed for 1 year and 4 months.. Please i need an addvice on how we can go about it because i don’t want him to leave because of my little baby.

Hello my husband is also been overstay for almost 5years. Just go to immigration and the requirements for it is he need to have a notorize of affidavit of reason why he overstay, of your married,bring your marriage certificate 2×2 picture when you go there he needs those thinga in order for them to process it. You dont have to pay right away because they will still review his papers and you will wait 20working days

I’m married to a foreigner and we have a 7 month son. But he has over stayed for 1 year and 4 months.. Please i need an addvice on how we can go about it because i don’t want him to leave because of my little baby. Please i need an advice and what it take to clear this over stay.


I live in pangasnan. But I’m married to a foreigner and we have a 7 month son. But he has over stayed for 1 year and 4 months.. Please i need an addvice on how we can go about it because i don’t want him to leave because of my little baby. Please i need an advice and what it take to clear this over stay.

Hellow good mornig i have partner he overstaying almost two year. Bcos he was been sick before.he cnt process his visa extension and he loss his wallet..if we go to immigration just to check how much he gonna cost to pay.. It is possible that he will be safe? To go there without putting in jail rigth away? Bcos we just want to know first how much he need to pay. And it is possible that he will be deported? Or just to leave the country and can go back again ?

Hello , one of my Friends overstayed already 7 months so when he want to leave the country he has to pay everything right ? , i hope he dont need to go to Jail but if he has to go there how long he has to stay in the jail ?

Hi i have question i over stayed for 15mos in Phil im a dual citizen im hotline US passport & Phil passport, but last april 2018 i went on a Holy Land tour & forgot to bring My Phil passport Immigration Officer told me im only allowed To stay 30days after coming Back, this sept 8 im leaving for Australia, How much would it Cost & where do we pay & does they accept check? Or Can I pay it in the airport? Thanks!😊

I have a friend overstaying in the Philippines for 5 years now.what well happen,aside paying the fines and penalty he still can be possibly put on jail?or there’s still an option to not be in jail?

Hi Sir,
I met a Nigerian who came to the Philippines in 2015 on a student visa. After some time, he dropped out of school. His student visa expired in 2017, and he did not have it renewed. Basically, he had been overstaying in the Philippines for about 2 years now. He said he didn’t have money to go back home. Also, he said his embassy won’t help him pay for his plane ticket home. Since he lost his passport, he said his embassy will only help him get a new passport and an exit clearance, but he had to pay for his plane ticket home. How can he go home? Also, will I be penalized if I help him get a job even though he doesn’t have a work permit? Thanks.

I m in Philippines now I miss my flight 10 days ago now I’m over stayed 10 days my flight after 2 days I want to know if I can pay the penalty in the airport in the same day of my flight or I have to go to beraux of immigration thank

I am studying here and unfortunately i lost my passport , i couldn’t extent my student visa without passport . I already stayed here 17 months without extensing my visa . What should i do to going my country ? Hopefully you can give me some advices .

Hi my wife is in philippines since she was 3 year old and now shes 20 years old and lost her US passport, and i wonder how much will cost for over staying?

How will I report an illegal alien for 8 yrs.? How will I get the reward?

How will I report an illegal alien for about 8yrs. and how will I get the reward?

Hi my son is now 4yrs old ,his born in the Philippines .I applied for British passport when he was 1yr old. I’m planning to bring him next year in UK. I have no idea how much I will pay for overstaying in the Philippines. I thought my son don’t need to pay anything especially he was born in the Philippines . The consul in London advice to apply for dual citizenship so I don’t pay that much. But how long it will take to process the dual citizenship?
Hope you can help me.



My brother in law overstayed in the Philippines for 3 months and he was not informed that he needed ECC to pass the immigration. When he went to BOI in Angeles City he was informed that he had to pay and wait for 2 months for him to be cleared to go back to Korea. How true is this?and What would be your advise? Thank you in advance. God bless.

HI I have my friend Here, he is an Egyptian he overstayed for 4years, and he want to go home in Egypt, what is the first move we need to do? And if he are going to pay the fine can he still come back here in the Philippines, because he really needs to he has 2 children and his wife left him,

What will happen to a foreigner if he is overstaying here in the country because of money issues?

Hi, I actually have 2 Japanese nephews who were brought here since they are kids. They are overstaying in the Philippines. The older one was brought here when he was 2 years old now he’s 21 and the younger one was brought here when he was 4 months old and now he’s already 17 years old. Their mother is pure filipina married to a pure japanese and she’s working in Japan. They are not filipino citizens they only have updated Japanese passport and japanese birth certificate. What could be the effect of that if they want to go back to Japan already? Will there be any fees we need to pay? and if ever how much in total? I would really appreciate a response since we don’t know what to do. Thank you!

Hi, ate mitch and I are in same situation. I’ve stayed here for almost 11 years. My dad told me that they’ve registered me in dual citizenship. This last june 18 I was about to leave here in the Philippines, unfortunately they didn’t let me. They told me that if I leave I need to pay or to apply phil. pass. So does it mean that if I got may phil passport do I need to apply visa? And does it mean that all the charges or penalties I dont have/need to pay it?

1 11 12 13